Polymer Company supplies POM sheets and rods.
The material pertains to thermoplastic polymers or thermoplastics (structural engineering plastic) and is the most rigid visco-elastic material.
It is widely used in different industries where products are subject to repeated mechanical actions, vibrations, shock loads and stretching. POM is stable against alkali, technical liquids (except concentrated acids), ultraviolet. It is often used in automobile industry to make screen wipers and fuel sensors. It is used as substitution for expensive non-ferrous metals, their alloys, ceramics.
Technical characteristics of the material:
- POM density is 1410 kg/m³
- POM melting temperature — 170 °С;
- External temperature range, suitable for POM usage — from –50 to +100 °С.
POM products may be of different color, but they differ only by addition of coloring substances.
Main properties and advantages of POM:
- Low hygroscopicity. All kinds of POM are stable to water action, which is especially important in plumbing systems, where hot water contact is possible.
- Ease of industrial usage. POM processing permits to make products with accuracy up to 0,01 mm.
- Non-toxic material. Polyformaldehyde is permitted for usage in food industry and medicine.
- Used only at external temperature from -50 to 100 ° С.
- Wear resistance.
- Chemical resistance. Chemical industry has exchanged all metallic parts to POM parts, as it demonstrated very high resistance to various chemicals and corrosive substances.
- High strength — POM products withstand shock loads.
Call us by telephone +7 (342) 259-07-74 to learn more on products available, prices and delivery terms.
Or submit telephone / email address through a form at our site, and our manager will contact You.